Pages

Saturday 9 June 2012

Wet n Wild Greed Palette; Review & Swatches

I'm sure you will all be shocked to know this, but yes it is true, this is my very first Wet n Wild eye shadow palette. I cannot believe it has taken me this long to try one of these bad boys out, especially considering the constant hype they seem to get for being such good quality for such an affordable price.  

As you can see, this specific palette is called 'Greed', I think I chose this one specifically just to try and shy away from the typical brown/bronzed drug store palettes I always seem to end up with (especially when trying out a new product... can you say BORING!). It's not like this one has that much flash to it either, but you can't expect me to change completely. 

It has a balance of 3 matte shades (on the left of the palette), and 3 shimmery shades (on the right). I enjoy that they included both so that you could be versatile with the looks you create. 

The matte shades include a creamy neutral pale highlight shade, a peachy shade, and a basic run of the mill matte black. 
The shimmery shades include a light blue/violet toned shade, a pink champagne like shade, and a shimmery black. 

To me I would have liked to see a shimmery highlight shade, as that is what I tend to prefer when it comes to almost every eye look I find myself doing, and I think they could have sacrificed one of the black shades (do you really need 2 in a 6 color palette?). For a mere $5 CAD or so though, you really can't become overly critical. 

As you can see (or not see) from the swatches, the lightest shade is pretty much an exact match to my skin tone. Also the lightest shimmery shade of blue/purple is not overly pigmented (when doing a look with this palette I have enjoyed using that shimmery shade along my bottom lash line for a little pop however!). 

Over all the colors have a good color pay off. They are slightly powdery so you must be sure to tap off the excess on your brush before going right in for application, but overall I really can't complain (again the price makes it worth the while). With a primer - I always use Urban Decay Primer Potion (original or eden) - the colors wear really well throughout the day. 

I am thinking I will have to check out more of these palettes in the near future, I know they have trios as well, so that might have to be my next purchase! I am also thinking of doing a tutorial on my Youtube channel using this palette, let me know if you would be interested in seeing that! 


Until next time,

xo, Hannah


2 comments: