Pages

Tuesday 5 June 2012

Smashbox Camera Ready Full Coverage Concealer: Review

It came to that fateful point a few weeks ago when I realized my go to blemish concealer was hitting pan and I decided to go on a hunt for another. Lately I had been using my 'Boing' concealer by Benefit (what I consider to be one of my favorite concealers ever). I have picked up this concealer from my local Shoppers Drug Mart before, but when I made my most recent trip I discovered they are not carrying the concealer at my store anymore (don't you hate when they do that?!).

The sales woman was extremely polite and empathized as she herself is a faithful user of 'Boing'. I decided not to waste my trip and asked her if they had anything comparable for around the same price (approximately $26 CAD for Benefit), and she came up with the Smashbox Camera Ready Full Coverage Concealer. 

I played around with the formulation in store and decided it was rather similar in consistency to 'Boing', and considering the price was slightly cheaper at $22 CAD I was sold. I can appreciate this is expensive for a concealer and not within everyones budget, but I was okay to spend that amount for a high end concealer.

I chose shade number 3 for my skin tone and for the fact that I blend concealer quite readily over my blemishes. There is a total of 7 shades available - 1 being the lightest and 7 being the darkest. 

As I mentioned before the consistency is quite similar to Benefits concealer I am such a fan of - being thick and yet workable. It is extremely blendable, and you need very little product to receive full coverage of discoloration and blemishes as it is so densely pigmented. 

Also, as the product named would have you believe, it is ideal for use with photography. Upon testing this on myself I would agree it is very photo friendly, with flash or otherwise. 

The added bonus to this product, which makes it that much more attractive, is the fact that this formula is oil free, fragrance free and paraben free - to me these details are a bonus, but I know to many of you it is certainly a must, especially for those of you with extra sensitive skin.


Would you consider investing in this concealer? 
What are your go-to concealers?



xo, Hannah

2 comments:

  1. I have just been looking around your blog and I love your beauty adbice! I am not often a fan of beauty blogs as I love fashion more but your posts have inspired me to be more creative with my beauty regime! I really want to try te spotty nail design you created in your last post! I would love it if you could come and look at my blog and maybe we could follow each other on GFC, Bloglovin and Facebook! Xx

    www.rachelsfashionpatch.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for the lovely compliment! I means so much to hear that I have actually inspired someone! I've looked at your blog and you are certainly amazing, consider me your newest follower - you're photography has truly pulled me in!

      xo, Hannah

      Delete