Pages

Thursday 14 June 2012

Top 5 Blushes of the Moment & Swatches

These 5 blushes I have chosen are what I have not been able to keep my hands off for this Spring season, and also plan on using well into the summer months ahead. 
If you would like to see the video on these picks, including a more detailed description of why I love them so much, click here!



(Left to Right) Elf 'Peachy Keen', Hard Candy Fox in a Box 'Smooth Talker', Rimmel 'Pink Sorbet'

MAC 'Melba', MAC 'Subtle Breeze'

(Left to Right)
Elf 'Peachy Keen'
Hard Candy Fox in a Box 'Smooth Talker
Rimmel 'Pink Sorbet'
MAC 'Melba'
MAC 'Subtle Breeze'

Peachy Keen;
This blush is not only one of my favorite affordable blushes, it is one of my favorite blushes of all time, hands down. It's the perfect peachy shade, with a slight hint of golden shimmer. I believe this is one of those colors that would flatter pretty much any skin tone. How can you say no for $3 after all? The pigmentation is also very impressive (not just on this shade, but all shades I have sampled from their studio blush line). 

Smooth Talker; 
This blush is a mix of four separate shades (although you could technically attempt at using each color individually, I really don't believe it's worth the struggle). It includes a peach, a lilac-esk shade, a coral and a basic pink. When mixed together they form a light peachy color. As you can see from the swatch, it is similar to Peachy Keen, but just on the lighter side. All the shades are matte finish. For darker skin tones this could really be used as more of a highlight. I love it if I'm not looking for a ton of color, but just a nice glow, without my cheeks being frosty or shimmery.

Pink Sorbet;
I actually have an entire separate blog post on this blush, so I will try not to bore you with the details of this product again (see my entire post here). To make it short and sweet, it is a light pinky peach (more pink I would say though) which comes off with a slightly frosty finish. Again this is a lighter shade, which for my skin tone adds a lovely pinky glow. This is the blush I tend to grab when I have a darker eye look and am unsure of what blush to reach for. 

Melba;
This is a blush I also recently acquired, which is shocking because it is right up my alley, and if you have ever heard anyone speak of MAC blushes, you've probably heard Melba come up. I have a full post of this blush as well, which can be found here. It is the best natural matte peach shade - very pigmented - it can be used with a light hand to give a subtle wash of color, or can very easily be applied for a bolder statement. 

Subtle Breeze;
Unlike Melba, this is a mineralize blush, which is slightly less pigmented than the original MAC powder blush line, but still very workable - I am always happy with the color pay off, although it may not be impressive enough for some. This appears much more of a pinky mauve in the container than it actually comes out to be - turning out more of a pink than mauve (as seen in the swatches). This blush is especially great for people that are starting out in makeup and are intimidated by heavily pigmented products that require some practice to apply and blend. This color is also very wearable for all skin tones. 



What are some of your favorite blushes? Have you ever tried any of the ones I mentioned? If so, which ones? And if not, would you be interested? 

Until next time! 

xo, Hannah 

No comments:

Post a Comment