Pages

Monday 2 May 2011

My Top 5 Neutral Lipsticks

Today, I decided to take a look into my collection and pull out my top picks for neutral lipsticks. I am a very big fan of neutrals in general (as I am sure I have mentioned before), and my lips are no exception to that either. Although I do own many bright colors that I also have a huge love for, I decided today to focus on my favorite neutrals/nudes. 


Left to Right;
Revlon Just Enough Buff
Revlon Soft Nude
MAC Viva Glam Gaga 2 
MAC High Tea
Loreal Nude

(swatched in same order as above)


1. Revlon Just Enough Buff I believe was one of my very first Revlon lipstick purchases. Obviously I chose well because I am now on my third tube. This one is from their Super Lustrous line which provides amazing moisture to your lips - just perfect for everyday wear. It is also simple to lightly sweep on, or build up for a more defined look. 

2. Revlon Soft Nude has been raved about by many, and in my opinion, for good reason. This is such an amazing peachy nude shade which can be pulled off by pretty much everyone. It is, like I also said about the other Revlon lipstick, very moisturizing. This one however is from their Colorburst line. This lipstick also provides an amazing base from which to apply a brighter lipgloss. 

3. MAC Viva Glam Gaga 2 has also been a highly raved about lipstick. I am for one, a huge fan of all MAC Amplified finishes - they are amazingly pigmented but still very creamy. The shade lovely because it is very adaptable to many skin tones, and personally does not wash me out at all. 

4. MAC High Tea is the newest of the bunch. I have come to really enjoy it as we move through spring. It is a Lustre finish, which basically means it provides a nice sheen and almost glossy finish.

5. Last but certainly not least is Loreal Nude which is another repurchase of mine. I heard about this lipstick through a guru on YouTube, and after picking it up for myself, fell in love. It is very creamy and has lovely pigmentation. I think it's the perfect color for everyday wear, but has a slight bit more pop then your run of the mill nude color. This one happens to be a particular favorite of the fall months as well. 


Tell me some of your favorite nude lipsticks

3 comments:

  1. Love all these especially High Tea, I really want a nude mac lipstick!xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Jess Another great MAC nude that is more on the peachy side is Shy Girl, and of course Creme d'nude is a staple.

    ReplyDelete
  3. great list, i'm definitely investing in a nude MAC lipstick next x

    ReplyDelete