Pages

Thursday 7 June 2012

Self Tanners: Best, Worst & My Recommendations

I am a huge fan of self tanning, whether it be winter and I feel I just need a little bit of a glow, to this time of year when I utilize these types of products to even out and improve the natural tan I have. 
I have compiled all of my tanning products together, which range in quality and price, so that you can gain an understanding of some of the products out there, as well as my experiences with them. Click the video below to hear more about what I have to say about these products, as well as to get a more up close look at them.


Loreal Sublime Bronze One Day;
The most temporary tan solution I have ever tried - washes off easily with soap and water and has no residual tan effects. Perfect for a night out when you need a little extra color on your legs etc, but don't want to commit to more long term option. It is also affordable and readily available at many stores.

Jergens Natural Glow Daily Moisturizer (For face and body);
Creates a subtle and gradual result. I find it looks extremely natural (you don't go from being pale one day, to super bronzed as if you just spent a week in Cuba the next). Very easy to use, even though it has no color to it - I have never had any mishaps with this product and I have been using it since I was in high school. Pleasant smell, not overly bold/strong, and does not linger on the skin long. Both the body and face lotion are also readily available and affordable. 

Loreal Sublime Bronze Self-Tanning Gelee;
By far my least favorite out of all the products shown/spoken about in my video, and the product I would recommend most to avoid. It is not easy to blend or work with, regardless of how I have tried to apply it. It also does not have much color to it once applied to the skin, so any mistakes cannot be seen until the product has had a chance to develop. The color pay off isn't terribly natural either (and isn't that what we're all looking for if we choose to save our skin the UV rays and fake tan?) This also has the unappealing signature 'self tan scent'. 

Loreal Sublime Bronze Tinted Self-Tanning Lotion;
My most loved low-end self tanning product EVER, hands down. As the name states, it is a tinted lotion, so not only is application made easy by being able to see where you have applied it, but the formulation makes it a pain free experience as well. The scent is that of a 'self tan' kind of smell unfortunately, but that is really the only down side I can think of. The color result is lovely, and can be either applied a couple times a week for a lighter result, or daily to bring out a more dramatic 'tan'. This product can be found very easily at drugstores etc, and is very affordable as well. 

St. Tropez Self Tan Bronzing Lotion & Mousse;
These two products (which I myself find extremely similar - it is all about personal preference to formulation when deciding between the two) are by far the most amazing self tan items I have ever used. I am a true believer in the St. Tropez brand, and although they are much more costly than the other drugstore items above, to me the cost is worth it. The result is the most natural looking color you could possibly imagine - not orange, not streaky, and bonus.. it doesn't smell like self tanner! And although this product takes the most time commitment, I have found ways to easily work around this. It also lasts the longest out of any of the products I have mentioned as well. 


St.Tropez Websitesttropeztan.com

I hope some of you have found this information useful. If you would like any further details regarding any of these products then please just let me know!


xo, Hannah

2 comments:

  1. St Tropez is my favourite but my student budget means settling for its dupe St Moriz! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I understand that for sure, I could never afford it while I was still a student that's for sure. I've never heard of St Moriz but I am kind of interested to try it out, where do you find it?

      Delete