Pages

Thursday 17 April 2014

Beauty Tip Thursday - How I Wash My Makeup Brushes!

While looking back at my many posts I came to the realization I have somehow never blogged about how I go about washing my makeup brushes. This is a pretty important chore any makeup lover should have in their weekly regime so today is the day I tell you all how I get my brushes fresh and clean!

I try to do this process about once a week/week and a half (depending on how much I used my brushes), usually on the weekend I find the time to do this. 


Here you have the dreaded before shot, pretty gross. These are the brushes I use all the time which I keep in my bathroom where I do my makeup. They're a mix of Real Techniques, Urban Decay, Elf, Ecotools, Coastal Scents and Quo. 


I use olive oil and baby shampoo for my two step cleaning process. The only other thing you need is a small bowl to put the oil in and some luke warm water from your tap! 

I begin by dipping my brushes lightly into the oil and swishing them around slightly - you'll instantly see the color beginning to come out of the dirty brush. I then give it a light rinse under some running water, and gently squeeze the bristles to get the majority of the oil out. The oil is amazing in particular for brushes with white tips, and eyeliner brushes, especially those you use with a gel liner. 

Next, I take the baby shampoo (you can use any brand you like, this is just what I use on my daughters), place some in the palm of my hand and swish the brush around to remove any oil residue and left over makeup. If it's an especially dirt brush or I feel it still has oil remaining in it I will do a second round of shampoo before squeezing out the excess water. 


Finally I take the freshly washed brushes and place them on a folded hand towel, allowing the bristles to hang off the end so they can properly air dry. 

And there you have it, fresh and clean makeup brushes!

I hope this post was helpful to some of you!

1 comment:

  1. Great post ,love!You have great blog:)Following you now via GFC,hope you’ll do the same!
    xoxo Antonella!

    ReplyDelete