Pages

Thursday 10 April 2014

UD Naked Basics Palette Review & Swatches

If you're new to my blog, or just somehow missed this fact about me, there is nothing I like (love) more than a good neutral palette. Maybe the only thing better than a neutral palette is a neutral palette that is also compact and easy to travel with.

I purchased the UD Naked Basics finally after many months of wondering the all mighty MUA question, 'do I really need more neutral shadows?'. After becoming the owner of both Naked 1 and 2 palettes I finally decided to cave one day while browsing around Sephora as we all love to do. Fast forward six months later I am so satisfied with the decision. I can honestly say I have used this in some way shape or form at least five days a week since purchasing it.


The palette is extremely compact and convenient - as you can see it's slightly smaller than my iPhone 4s, which makes it very easy to pop in any bag or makeup pouch. 


(venus, foxy, w.o.s, naked 2, faint, crave)

The palette is composed of six shades, five are matte and one is shimmery (venus). There is only one color that doubles up with either Naked 1 or 2, and that is foxy which is in the Naked 2. I really love that they came out with a "naked 2" shade for this palette, as I thought that would be something they would include in the actual N2 palette. 


(venus, foxy, w.o.s, naked 2, faint, crave)

As with any Urban Decay palette, the shadows are so soft and buttery. They're also so highly pigmented and blend like a dream. The shades are great for mixing with colors from other palettes, or to use alone for a lovely matte eye look that can be softer, or easily deepened up with the darker shades for more depth. 


Let me know if you've tried/want to try this palette, and your thoughts on it!

No comments:

Post a Comment