Pages

Thursday 3 April 2014

March Favorites

Hello and Happy April!

Throughout the month of March I surprisingly didn't do that much shopping at all, it was more a month of shopping my stash of makeup and using old favorites or things I just hadn't given much of a chance in the past. 


First off, and probably least exciting, lip balm. This is actually one of my few small purchases of the month - EOS lip balm in summer fruit. Hello delish smell/taste! It mainly smells like peach to me so that is right up my ally, I'm obsessed! 

Next off, concealer, and as you can see this is going to be an April (re)purchase - MAC Pro Long Wear Concealer in NW20. I think I may have a couple more makeup days in this before it completely refuses to produce product but holy moly I've been so glad I pulled this out of my drawers after many months of it being pushed aside. I now remember why I loved it so much!

This past month I gravitated toward much more pastel shades on my nails as spring (not so willingly) begins to appear here in my area of Canada. The two I used most through March were Mint Candy Apple and Spaghetti Strap. MCA is still currently on my toes and looks so fresh and lovely. Spaghetti Strap has been my go to "nude" nail lately as its sheer and natural looking but with a little more pink in it.

I feel I hardly have to mention this as its always a resounding favorite, but my MAC Melba blush rarely steers me wrong - pink, matte, effortless, and works with all eye looks.

Josie Maran Argan Oil has quickly become a staple in the face moisturizing routine. I got this sample size forever ago and finally decided it was time I tried it out after hearing so many good things about it. I have officially been converted! I never thought oil of any kind on my combo/oily skin would ever work well but it has transformed my skin! I combine a few drops of it with my usual Neutrogena moisturizer and apply morning and night. I will certainly be buying the full size once this runs out!

My favorite way to apply/buff my foundation this month has been with my Real Techniques buffing brush, it gives an amazing and flawless finish, and I love my foundation so much more when I use it. I plan to do a full review post very soon on RT brushes as they have become my new favorite brushes.

Last, but certainly not least, my Maybelline Illegal Length mascara. I have rarely used this on its own as it gives a little too much of a natural/minimal look, which is not what I typically strive for when doing my lashes. My love for this comes from layering it with other mascaras that are more voluminous so you achieve the best of both worlds - length AND volume! 



Let me know if you would like a more in depth review on any of the products mentioned! 

<a href="http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/4099907/?claim=dtvhanxhjdb">Follow my blog with Bloglovin</a>

No comments:

Post a Comment