Pages

Thursday 6 November 2014

October Favorites 2014


Finally, after months of not posting a monthly favorites round up I am back in action with my October Favorites!

First, and probably most obvious to all, since it was October I was most certainly burning through a (couple) Leaves candles from good old Bath and Body Works. As you can see I'm coming to the end of my final one, but I'm feeling okay about it because we all know Christmas candles are next! 

This month I found myself grabbing three old favorites that I had drifted apart from for quite a while and I'm not sure why. I repurchased my Maybelline Instant Age Rewind (light), and the original CG Lash Blast - both AH-mazing and I'm so happy to have them back in my makeup bag. I also brought out an old fave from my stash, the Wet n Wild blush in mellow wine. I tend to forget about this guy until the fall rolls around when I find it the perfect boost to my cheeks. 

Through the entire month of October I really didn't have much motivation to do my nails, but when I did I kept it pretty straight forward and kept reaching for the same two polishes - Maybelline 'mauve in manhattan' and OPI 'I saw..u saw.. we saw... warsaw', and to spice things up I sometimes threw on a little of the Formula X effects top coat in Turbulent over the OPI polish. 



For lips this month I've been back and forth between my usual rosy nude fall lips, and darker reds and plums depending on my mood and what I'm doing that day. My stand out lipstick for the month though, hands down, goes to my NYX Butter Lipstick in 'licorice'. I intend to do a full post on how I wear this lip look, but let me just say now, if you like the vampy look and moisturized lips you need to run and get this! 

(mellow wine,  licorice)


Last, and certainly not least, the item I was searching for nearly a month for, the Maybelline The Nudes palette. This has been out for a while now, but I never really gave it much thought until I saw it featured in a couple of my favorite YouTube beauty gurus videos. By that time I was apparently too little too late and every store near me was sold out. I finally did of course get my hands on the elusive little guy and I could not be happier. I'm going to be doing a complete review post on this palette ASAP.


So there are my October favorites! Let me know some of your favorites of the month! 

Any requests please post them in the comments! 
Talk to you all soon! 



No comments:

Post a Comment