Pages

Sunday 23 November 2014

Fall to Winter Transition - My Beauty Essentials for Colder/Dryer Weather

Try as I might to deny the inevitable, I have to force myself into realizing that it truly is that dreaded time of year again where the temperatures drop, the days get shorter and, yes, even that four letter "S" word begins to appear. 

I've mentioned before that I live in Canada - no its not winter all year round and no I do not live in an igloo but it does indeed get cold here, and snow. With all of these seasonal changes comes several undesirable side effects. I get extremely dry skin starting around this time of year until pretty well April and it includes everything from my face, hands and even my scalp. 

I compiled a few things that I've been turning to lately to aid in the transition into these dryer and cooler temperatures, and hopefully will keep me feeling much more hydrated all winter long. 



Neutrogena Oil-Free Moisturizer 
This has been my daily face lotion for years now, and I use it all year round. It's great for the cooler weather because it really moisturizes the dry areas on my face without making areas that are more oily like my nose and forehead become shiny and overly oily throughout the day. I also love this because it wears great on its own or under makeup. 

Vaseline 
This is a life saver for me all winter long. I use it for a variety of purposes - on my lips, hands and even my feet (put some on your feet and then put on a pair of fuzzy socks and go to bed and you wake up with super soft feet). 

Cuticle Massage Cream
This is a little one I got from a nail set that I just happen to be using up right now but any cuticle cream/oil is essential for me as soon as the air becomes more dry.

Lush Wiccy Magic Muscles Massage Bar
This little beauty is an absolute favorite of mine for this time of year. It is advertised as a massage bar for sore muscles (and it truly does bring relief - my back muscles love this) but it is also super duper moisturizing. It's great on elbows and knees where you tend to get dry skin. The added bonus is the amazing spicy scent that has hints of cinnamon and cloves, which makes it a heavenly winter pamper item.

C.O. Bigelow Rose Salve
I've probably mentioned this a number of times on my blog, but here it is again in all its rose glory. It is my favorite daily lip balm but it can also be used on your face, hands, elbows, cuticles and pretty much anywhere else you have extra dry skin. The smell of this stuff alone is worth trying it out if you're a rose lover. 

EOS Hand Lotion
I seem to always have one of these on the go at all times, if not more. I always have one in my purse and you'll more than likely find one in with my manicure supplies as well. Right now I have the cucumber melon scent on the go but I truly can't think of a scent I don't like from this range. It's a great boost of moisture and the key for me is that it absorbs quickly and is none greasy. 



No comments:

Post a Comment