Pages

Friday 21 November 2014

Naked 2 Palette Review and Swatches



Its been about a year and a half since I bit the bullet and got even more Naked in my life (Urban Decay Naked that is), and somehow I've yet to do my own personal post on my thoughts and swatches of the palette. I really have no clue how its taken me this long, but finally I am here with a post which I hope you will enjoy!

Compared to the Naked 1 there are many differences between the two, first and foremost being the exterior of the palette. The first Naked palette was velvety in texture with printed lettering on the front (as you can see in the picture below mine is extremely dirty and the letters have faded a ton since I bought it). Naked 2 has a hard exterior and snaps shut vs the N1 which had a magnetic closure.


If you would like to see a broader look into my thoughts of the N1, you can check out the post I did on it here

Just like with the first, there are 12 eyeshadows, but unlike the first they are much more taupe themed and on the cooler end of the spectrum. 

Foxy, Half Baked, Bootycall, Chopper

Chopper is probably my least favorite shade out of the entire palette as it has a lot of chunky glitter and I tend to always have a problem with fallout when I wear this shade.


Tease, Snakebite, Suspect, Pistol

Tease and Suspect are absolutely my top two favorites from the entire palette. Tease reminds me a lot of one of my favorite Mac shades 'Quarry' which I love. Suspect is just the perfect shimmery taupe beige and I adore wearing it all over the lid and on the lower lash line for a quick and simple eye look.


Verve, YDK, Busted, Blackout

Two of my other absolute favorites from the palette are YDK and Busted - combined together for an eye look you are totally ready for a night out. Also Verve is probably one of the best silver shades I've ever come across - it can be used subtly or built up for a huge impact. Blackout is also one of the best matte blacks I've ever had, and of course you can never have too many good blacks in your collection because they are just so versatile. 


Now if you were to ask which of the two comes out on top for me.. well the answer is still going to be the original Naked, but this is a really close second, especially for the fall and winter months.


Hope you enjoyed this review/overview and I'll see you in my next post!







No comments:

Post a Comment