Pages

Thursday 20 November 2014

Maybelline 'The Nudes' Palette - Review & Swatches



As promised in my October favorites post, here is my thoughts and opinions on The Nudes palette from Maybelline, and swatches of the shadows. 

As I mentioned previously in my favorites, I had been unsure whether or not there was a point in getting this palette. Yes its nudes, yes I love nudes, but I thought it may just be another mediocre quality nude themed palette taking up space in my collection, and I could just put the money towards something a little more expensive that is certain to be good quality. My mind was swayed after seeing several positive reviews from some of my favorite Youtubers and beauty bloggers alike however. 

Since picking this up around the end of September I've been using it almost daily and have been more than happy with my decision. It varies in price depending on where you go, but its between $10.99 - $14.99 CAD. You get 12 shadows - 5 matte, 7 shimmery/frosted. The palette also comes with a double ended applicator and several small charts on the back with suggestions on how to combine the shadows to achieve different eye looks. 



I find this palette to be quite versatile, with many different options and ways to wear it, from subtle to deep smokey eyes. Although a couple of the shades weren't quite as pigmented as I had hoped (specifically the black shade) I really can't say any major criticisms about the product as a whole - you're certainly getting your moneys worth!



I hope you found this little post helpful!
Post any requests in the comments, and also let me know if you have tried/are thinking of trying this palette out!



No comments:

Post a Comment