Pages

Saturday 24 January 2015

Five Things | Perfect Mac Starter Eyeshadows





In terms of eyeshadows you've really got to love some MAC, am I right? The thing with this is that their large selection - the large range of colors and finishes, can be amazing for a seasoned MUA, but for a beginner approaching a counter can be more than a little intimidating. Hopefully some of the apprehension can be taken care of with this run down of my five favorites which are perfect for beginners. The only requirement is that you have to love neutrals - neutrals are my jam if you didn't already realize - and have a decent makeup brush for eyeshadow application. 

My first and probably most well known of the bunch is Naked Lunch. This beauty is probably one of my first true loves from MAC - I've hit pan! It's just so easy to wear. It can be a light wash of color, or it can be the beginning of a more glamorous and dramatic eye. If I'm not just wearing this on its own (which I do quite a lot), I love pairing it with Espresso. This is a warm, matte cocoa shade that makes for the perfect crease color - it's soft enough to not look over the top. It also makes for a great brow shade depending on your natural tones. It blends like a dream which is why I find myself reaching for it with many of my brown smokey looks - you wont get any chalkiness here!

The next two shades I picked also have a lovely relationship with Naked Lunch - they both look amazing when used as a crease color. Cork is a matte golden brown shade, and much like Espresso, one of my go to crease shades for any type of neutral smokey eye. Also like Espresso, it is so smooth, blendable and not chalky or powdery at all. If you want something that is still neutral but more on the taupe end of things then Quarry is an amazing option. Out of my selection of five this is the third and final matte I chose. This is a soft plum brown that I enjoy wearing both in the crease with something like NL, or on its own swept over the lid as a nice simple wash of color - trust me it's a stunner!

Finally, where on earth would a neutral lover be without a good bronze option? Mulch is a brown with undertones of red and bronze pearl. It has a velvet finish which basically just means all the shine glamour without the risk of glitter fallout. This is another shade that can easily be thrown all over the lid and blended out into the crease - it looks like you did way more work than you actually did. It also looks stunning when built up with other colors to create a great smokey eye look. Any way you want to rock this is the right way in my opinion. 

So there you have it, five shadows that can easily be mixed and matched to create everything from an everyday wash of color to a dramatic evening smokey eye. What would your go to favorite five from MAC be? Let me know below! 

No comments:

Post a Comment