Pages

Monday 19 January 2015

My Current Skin Care Favorites | January 2015

Although I've had this blog for a number of years now, I don't think I've ever devoted an entire post to skin care. I've certainly included favorites here and there in my monthly favorite round ups, but never have I sat down and gathered together all the products I'm using in combination, which make up my skin care routine. 

Before jumping in to the products I must first give a run down of what my skin type is, and what my mentality is when it comes to skin care and skin care products. 

My skin has, for as long as I can remember, been combination - slightly oily on my forehead, nose and chin, with normal to dry skin elsewhere on my face (slightly more dryness during the winter months as well). 

My entire mentality to taking care of my skin is less is more - I know that seems unbelievable considering my love and lust for beauty products, and my constant need to try new things, but when it comes to my skin I find something that I like, and I stick to it. There seems to be nothing my skin hates more than the constant switch up of products, and me using a whole suitcase full of products on my skin during my morning/evening skin care rituals. The products/brands I'm currently using are ones that are tried, tested and true. They may not work for everyone, but for me (and my skin) they are what works best. Bottom line for me is that if my skin is looking good and I'm generally pleased with it, I'm not going to mess with what's working!


Removing Makeup
I am a recent cleansing oil convert after trying out The Body Shops Chamomile Silky Cleansing Oil. It is the most amazing makeup remover I've ever tried and I really don't think there is any going back to my old ways after using this product. It gets all of my face and eye makeup off in about a minute and leaves my skin feeling amazing and silky soft.

Face Wash
I use two different face washes - one when removing my makeup at the end of the day (after using the cleansing oil), and one in the morning prior to doing my makeup. I use the St. Ives Fresh Skin Apricot Scrub when removing my makeup. It's an exfoliating wash so I feel it gets my skin extra clean after a long day, and also helps to remove any dry/dead skin. In the morning I prefer to use the Aveeno Clear Complexion Foaming Cleanser. It is much more gentle on the skin but still leaves your skin feeling clean and fresh and ready for whatever the day has in store.

Toner
I've been faithful to this Nivea Purifying Toner for combination skin for about three years now. I typically only use it once a day, but whether I use it in the morning or evening really just depends on how I'm feeling, how many breakouts/problem areas I have at the moment, and how much makeup I did or didn't wear that day.

Moisturizer
This is another product I've been using for numerous years, and even though I've attempted to use others, I always end up coming back to the Neutrogena oil free moisturizer for combination skin. I use it both prior to applying makeup, and after I cleanse my skin in the evening.

Face Masks
I actually have a number of face masks I do enjoy using, but my number one has always come down to the St. Ives Timeless Skin Mineral Clay Firming Mask. I really enjoy how this both removes impurities and also leaves my skin looking firmer and younger. I use this about once a week, but I also gauge that on how my skin is feeling/looking.


I hope you all enjoyed this little insight into my skin care favorites, and a little taste of how my skin care routine works.

Comment below and let me know some of your current skin care favorites!



No comments:

Post a Comment