Pages

Monday 7 May 2012

New to my Collection - MAC Paint Pot in Bare Study

Long before I had ever owned, or even new truly what MAC Paint Pot's were about, even long before I began making my own youtube videos, I saw many a tutorial including these. There was also no shortage of raving regarding this product as well. So when I finally made a purchase at MAC that wasn't simply an eyeshadow, I of course went for a Paint Pot (Painterly). 
I've had my beloved Painterly for quite a while now, and can honestly say I use it nearly every day. I decided it was time to branch out and try another Paint Pot, thus came the purchase of 'Bare Study' - another product I've heard spoken about more than a couple of times. 

I am super happy I decided to try this one out - it suits many of my daily makeup looks perfectly - being that it is a neutral, shimmery champagne color. This is the kind of product you can easily apply to your eye in seconds, toss on a bit of mascara and run off to do whatever it is you need to do as well (it's not just an amazing base color). 

(Natural lighting) 

I find the color extremely similar to 'Naked Lunch', which we all know is a MAC staple shadow that is known and loved by many. 

This product is marketed essentially as a cream shadow/base - some argue that some sort of eye primer should be used below these, as they are not truly that effective as a base for eyeshadows alone, and will tend to crease. I myself find there to be no problem using these as both base and "primer" in one. My skin is not particularly oily however, if yours is than this is where you may run into problems and require a little something extra. 

I am now completely ready to spend the $21 CAD on another couple of these beauties, and trust me, I have my eyes on a couple of my next potential loves. 

Let me know if you've tried any of these, and if you haven't yet, let me know if you'd be interested in doing so! 

xo, Hannah

No comments:

Post a Comment