Pages

Tuesday 29 May 2012

MAC 'Hey Sailor' Collection Items

The moment I saw this collections preview on temptalia.com I knew I must obtain at least a couple of the items. Of course this situation involves two things that I am a huge sucker for - as soon as I hear the words 'limited edition' I am pulled in, and when it also involves super cute packaging... well say no more, I'm sold! 

The thing I really love about these type of collections MAC does is that not only is the box covering the actual product different in design from the normal black with white lettering, but the actual product is packaged differently as well. 

An example of them only doing outer packaging design would be the shop/cook collections that were in stores around March - the outer boxing was super adorable, but the packaged product itself was the same old. Understandably changing packaging cannot be a small feat, but when they do go that extra mile it truly hurts my wallet that much more. 


As you can gather from the name of the collection 'Hey Sailor' is very nautically based - thus the products of this collection are all in navy blue with stripes, with some products (like the lipglass seen above) adorning white detail as well. The lettering is also done up in gold, providing an excellent extra touch. 

I picked up the blush in 'Fleet Fast' which I knew right from the start I was going to have to get my hands on as the color is right up my alley. It is a pinky golden coral, dare I say the perfect summer shade. 

I also decided to grab one more item after getting a chance to view the collection first hand - I chose the 'Orange Tempera' lipglass, which as you can see has not even the slightest hint of orange to it. It is a lovely pale peach color. 

Top - Fleet Fast, Bottom - Orange Tempera
(Natural lighting) 

I ended up driving the 40 or so minutes to my nearest MAC counter for these items as by the time I had decided to grab anything from the collection they were already sold out of the 'Fleet Fast' blush online (this occurred in under a week). Upon returning home with the lipglass I did not anticipate getting, I checked online to see if they were still in stock, and unfortunately they were also out of this! (I am referring to the Canadian website so everyone is aware). 

My suggestion - If you have even the slightest want to pick up anything from this collection, do it quickly because it truly is a lovely selection of products, and they seem to be flying out of stores. Although I have not had a good opportunity to try these out over a course of days, I am confident these are going to be two go-to products over the coming months! 


xo, Hannah

No comments:

Post a Comment