Pages

Sunday 20 March 2011

Review: Bourjois Mineral Matte Mousse Foundation

If you are anything like me you have combination skin. For me this means an oily nose and chin, while my forehead tends to be the most dry. 
I have forever been on a search for the perfect foundation that could combat the oil without over drying the rest of my face. Well after much searching a last minute, unplanned stop at the drug store landed this foundation in my makeup collection. 
The Bourjois Mineral Matte Mousse Foundation is, as it states, of a mousse consistency, much like any of the Maybelline Dream Mousse products, although I can say with much confidence, this product has a very different formulation. I have always found the Maybelline products to be a little drying on my problem areas, and also not have as matte of a finish as I would hope for. This foundation however has an amazing matte, air brushed finish - the mousse seems to dry to an almost powder finish, but with the staying power of a cream or liquid. 
I apply the foundation with a duo fiber stippling brush and blend out for an amazing finish. I have attempted to use only my fingers for application but I found I used more product than necessary, and the finish is just not quite as pleasing. 



I found mine at Shoppers Drug Mart for around $15 CAD - considering the quality it is in my opinion well worth the money.

1 comment:

  1. I've been wanting to buy this for a long time.Looks promising since I have the exact same skin as you.
    BTW you have a lovely blog.I'm following you.Please visit my blog www.beautyandblog.com and let me know your thoughts.

    ReplyDelete