Pages

Tuesday 10 March 2015

Naked2 Basics Review & Swatches


They got me again - Urban Decay and their Naked line always has a way of creeping into my Sephora shopping cart. Here it is, the sequel to the Naked Basics, a palette I've pretty well permanently kept in my everyday makeup bag for a year and a half now. I think it's a combination of the size (so lovely and compact), the all matte colors (which I've been completely obsessed with lately), and the whole taupe/brown shade family housed in this lovely little palette that made me fall for it just as hard as I fell for the first. 




Although the shades are from different families - the original being on the warmer end of things, and the second being cooler - the palette in general is set up in the same way. You get five matte shades, and one demi-matte shade (Skimp) which is perfect for highlighting - similar to the original which includes Venus as a highlighting shade. 

I really enjoy how they both include a deeper, darker matte shade as well - perfect for using as a liner, or for deepening up the outer corner of the eye when doing your smokey eye of choice. 

Top - Naked Basics
Bottom - Naked2 Basics 

I think the main reason I love these palettes both so much is the versatility you are able to have with them - using them solo you can get some lovely matte looks, or you can utilize the matte shades along with shimmers from another palette you love to create a really amazing combination. It's certainly no secret that none of the Naked Palettes have all that many matte shades, which are always super useful for blending and adding extra definition to any eye look. With these in combination with any or all of the Naked Palettes 1-3 you have no end to the amount of looks and shimmer/matte combinations. 

2 comments:

  1. I love the naked basics 2 :) xxx

    princesscaela89.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete