Pages

Wednesday 4 March 2015

Review | The Body Shop Silky Cleansing Oil


It seems that every brand has been putting out their own version of a cleansing oil lately - the whole thing has really taken off and has become a staple in many a persons makeup removing routine. Today I'm going to tell you about the one I've been loving lately, The Body Shop Camomile Silky Cleansing Oil. 

I originally wanted to try this specific version out because of the numerous Youtube beauty gurus raving about it and even rating it above much more expensive options - you can pick this up for 16$ Canadian. Its purpose is to remove your face makeup (even waterproof) easily, and leave your skin fresh and clear from impurities.

I have been using this for about two months now and I can honestly say it has become a major staple in my skin care routine - I have said goodbye to my Neutrogena eye makeup remover for good! This stuff truly does make removing your makeup a cinch - not just that pesky waterproof mascara, but your foundation, concealer, brow makeup and everything else in between! I begin with a full face of makeup and put about two pumps of the product in my hand, I then rub it all over, starting with my face makeup and then onto my eye makeup. Once I feel I've done a sufficient job I take a tiny bit of warm water in my hands and work it on to my face - the water emulsifies the oil turning it more of a creamy white color - I continue to work it all in for a few more seconds before I go in and completely wash the mess from my face.

One thing I must say is that this is not (for me) a one stop shop in the cleansing department. Although other cleansing oils can be used on their own without a follow up cleanser, this, I feel, is not one of those ones. It leaves a slight residue on the skin - nothing pore clogging or overly annoying, but it's enough for me to still want to follow up with my Aveeno Foaming Cleanser as a second step, just so I know my skin is completely cleansed.

The only other comment I can think to add is the scent - as with all products, scent is a very individualized opinion - to me, the floral/fresh scent of this is in no way bothersome or overwhelming, to be honest I quite enjoy it! I have however seen other bloggers saying the opposite, so my suggestion would certainly be to give it a good sniff test before purchasing if you at all particular about scented products on your face.


Let me know what you think of this cleansing oil take over. Have you tried this specific one? Would you like to?


No comments:

Post a Comment