Pages

Thursday 5 February 2015

How To | Wear Pink Makeup the Non-Girly Way



I am certainly not the type of person that would consider herself to be a 'girly girl'. I know that logic seems a bit off considering I write a beauty blog about makeup and fashion, but really in terms of my life as a whole I cannot define myself as such. Although you would have an extremely hard time finding anything pink throughout my wardrobe aside from small details on an item I am not in the least opposed to wearing pink hues in my makeup looks. Pink is an especially lovely shade for this time of year because it can bring life and brightness to an otherwise dull complexion. I find wearing pink, wether it be on my lips, cheeks or eyes, can really make me look and feel much more fresh, and give my spirits a little boost as well.

Starting off with lips, probably the easiest way to pull off pink because of the wide variety of textures and intensities available. If you want to start at the more sheer end of things I really love the Rimmel Vinyl gloss in Keep a Secret, a light pink with shimmer. My choice pink lipstick is Mac Creme cup, which is excellent if you're looking for something pigmented, but by no means bright pink. If you've fallen for the balm/stain kind of products than something like the Revlon Balm Stain in Sweetheart Valentine, or the Rimmel Color Rush in Give Me a Cuddle would be excellent options - they are easy to apply and once the initial color has worn off, your lips are left with a lovely stained effect.

creme cup, give me a cuddle, sweetheart valentine, keep a secret

Cheeks are another way to add pink into your daily makeup routine, and there is a pink out there for everyone! Three of my favorites are all sporting the same 'rosey' type of undertone, which in my opinion is the easiest form of pink to wear for pretty well any skin tone out there - rose undertones in pinks make your cheeks look most natural, while still adding a glow. A new addition to my collection is Rimmels powder blush in Pink Rose which has a very slight shimmer to it. Mac mineralize blushes have always been a long time lover of mine because they are so easy to work with, and this one in Subtle Breeze is no exception. My favorite cream form product goes out to the Maybelline bouncy blush in Pink Plum, which is so soft, blendable and buildable.

pink rose, subtle breeze, pink plum

Last, and probably the most difficult to pull off is eyes. I find with shades in the pink-red family it always works out best when you pair these shades with a good liner and lots of mascara. The easiest 'pink' shade in my collection to wear is certainly Mac All that Glitters, although it is much more on the champagne end of the spectrum. Two of my other favorites I wear in a very similar way - Elf mineral eyeshadow in Sweet and Urban Decay Grifter are both ones I love to rock on the bottom lash line with various looks on the lid. They're both lighter and add a beautiful glow to the eye. The most 'stop you in your tracks' of my picks has got to be Urban Decay Last Call - it's like the bolder sister to Mac Cranberry. I wear this best when it involves being smoked out with a matte black shadow, lots of eyeliner and mascara.

all that glitters, sweet, last call, grifter



No comments:

Post a Comment