Pages

Wednesday 3 October 2012

Loving Lately: Golden Eyes & My Top Eyeshadow Picks to Get the Look!

My makeup routine lately has been pretty simple and basic, after having twins you really can't expect much else after all! One thing I have been really enjoying however is a simple wash of a gold shadow over the lid, plus some black liner and a mascara. If I'm feeling extra daring, or have the time to spare, I will go in with darker brown shadows in the outer V to create a more 'complex' look, but for every day wear simple is best! 


Urban Decay e/s - Half Baked (Naked 1 palette) 

One of my all time favorite golds, and I'm certain others can agree, is Half Baked by UD. It is literally the perfect gold and applies so easily to the lid - you can do a light wash, or use a dense brush to pack on the color for a more intense look. If you don't want to put your money into the Naked Palette, you can always pick up this shadow in a single pot form. 

Loreal e/s Quad in Kerri's Bronzes

This is a fantastic palette for the price, I am a real lover of all Loreal palettes in fact. This one in particular has been meeting my needs nicely lately - it has the perfect four shades for a lovely fall eye look. Of course you can use these shadows separately or all together, both options are fantastic! 

Elf mineral e/s in Natural

Out of all the shadows I am showing you, this one is by far the furthest from your standard 'gold' shadow. This is much more of a cross between a champagne and gold - although it appears to have peachy tones in the pot it does not come out that way when applied to the eye. These mineral shadows are fabulous actually, and for a mere $3 you really can't go wrong - much more affordable than Mac pigments that's for sure! 

Mac e/s in Honey Lust

This comes off as more of a peachy gold, at least on my skin tone, but because of that it makes it a great shadow for every day wear, being not as intense a golden look as Half Baked would be. I do find there is some fall out with this shadow, but it's nothing a light sweep of a fluffy brush over your cheeks wont fix! 


I hope you all enjoyed this look into my favorite golden shadows! Let me know if you have a favorite golden shadow as I'm always looking for new products to try! 

xo, Hannah

No comments:

Post a Comment